Friday, September 21, 2007

Day 249

Today I had a number of reasons to leave to report; from the Possum infestation in Uptown and Riverbend areas, or the fact that the police department has 100 boxes of backlogged files that have not been entered into their computers since Katrina meaning it takes months for citizens to get police reports for incidents . . . and means our conviction of criminals is basically a lost cause which means this town is a haven for criminals. So, considering that, this report of crime won out in the end:

Brian Begue Atty at law was attacked from behind from by an assailant, choked, thrown to the ground and robbed in broad daylight at Frenchmen and Dauphine at roughly 4:30 pm. All residents of the Marigny and Bywater need to BE AWARE of the potential of such attacks on themselves.

The most common methods are the "pincher attack" where you are approached by assailants from two directions similtaneously.


My friend E. loaded up a truck and moved last month after this attack in the next neighborhood over from the Marigny/Frenchmen St. incident.

And on July 7 I was the victim of a violent crime. A guy attacked me in front of my apartment in Bywater, held me in a headlock, threatened my life repeatedly, then forced me into my car and tried to drive off with me in it. Luckily, I escaped. But I've been taking the past couple weeks away from New Orleans to...well, I don't know. I guess to figure things out. But there isn't a lot of figuring out this kind of thing.

No comments: